August is approaching (where has summer gone?), which means it’s almost time to register for the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam). ISEE test sites fill up quickly, so read our tips on how to plan accordingly. It’s important to note that this is not a one-size-fits-all process and that the suggestions below are general guidelines. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- The registration date has not been announced yet, however it is typically July 31st. Set a reminder on your calendar to log on to the registration website on the morning of July 31st, until you are able to register.
- Consider the test format that is best for your student. Students can test in-person on paper at a school site, in-person online at a Prometric testing center, or online at home. We recommend in-person at Prometric or at a school site due to technical glitches with the at-home test last year.
- Before registering, make sure you’ve taken note of the application deadlines for any of the schools you’re considering.
- We suggest you register for two tests—one in November and one in December*. Keep in mind that students are permitted to take the ISEE once per “testing season.” The current seasons applicable to 2021 applicants are Fall (August–November) and Winter (December–March).
- *Some private and independent schools host the ISEE as a “closed test site” for only their students in the Fall testing season (August–November). Check with your child’s school to see if this is the case. If so, the school will provide a code that you’ll use to register for that test.
- We recommend students take their winter test before winter break (in December), as it meets cut-off dates and concludes prep and testing. If an early January test date is better for you and will allow you to meet all application cut-off dates, then go for it.
- Do not list any of the schools you’re considering when you register or else the scores will be directly sent. You can send the scores individually later on.
- During registration, remember to select the “Expedited Test Results” option if you would like to receive scores more quickly.
If your child has a special accommodations request, it must be approved prior to registration.
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1 – Create a Parent Account before you register
Step 2 – Request special accommodations if your child needs them.
Step 3 – Register for the ISEE on August 3rd.
For more information on the ISEE check out their ISEE FAQs. If you cannot find the answer to your question here, you can try them by phone or email at (800) 446-0320 or email@example.com. We’re also always available for questions or consultations. Don’t hesitate to contact us or reach out to your director.