With test dates and locations constantly shifting right now, it’s important to stay aware of testing details and get ahead of rescheduling. If your March SAT, April ACT, or May SAT was canceled or rescheduled, we suggest the following steps:
- Sign up for the next test date right away. For the ACT, this will be June 13, 2020. For the SAT, this will be June 6, 2020. Many students will be shifting to these dates; be sure to sign up soon to reserve your spot. Signing up for a future date ensures you will be prepared to take a test in the case that tests are canceled and not rescheduled.
- For students who are taking SAT Subject Tests, know that you will not be able to take both the SAT and SAT Subject tests in the same sitting.
- Although students signed up for the April ACT will be able to move their test to June, it is in your best interest to sign up quickly. Test centers may fill before ACT sends information about rescheduling.
- If your March 14, 2020 SAT was canceled or rescheduled, plan to sign up for the next available practice test. Although test cancellations are stressful and frustrating, you’ll benefit from the additional practice!
- Monitor your email or check websites for information from the College Board or ACT about rescheduled test dates. Be in contact with your tutor and director to share your rescheduled test date and coordinate support and scheduling.
- Signing up for a future test date and continuing tutoring will keep your child’s study momentum rolling right into the next test—if anything, they’ll be even more prepared. Consistency is key, so plan to maintain a similar weekly schedule.
We recognize that each family’s situation is different. For more specific guidance, please work with your tutor and director.