Full-Time Test Prep Tutor
Northern New JerseyCareers
We are looking for talented educators to join our full-time tutoring family.
NOW HIRING: FULL-TIME TEST PREP TUTOR, NORTHERN NEW JERSEY
WHERE will you be working?
- Northern New Jersey (Bergen, Hudson, Passaic, Rockland counties)
- 4 days in students’ homes or in the market’s office, 1 day online.
WHEN will you be working?
- We will extend two-year offers because we believe tutors truly begin to hit their stride in their second year with us.
- Start Date: June 1st- July 1st depending on hire timeline.
- Tutoring hours: Monday through Thursday 3-9pm, Sundays 9:30am-6pm. For in-person instruction, depending on your location you may be commuting around 30-45 minutes into the market and then 15-30 minutes between students.
- Non-tutoring hours: weekday mornings and early afternoons are flexible, but responsiveness via email and phone is always expected within 24 hours.
- Days off: Fridays and Saturdays.
- Vacation: It’s not a bottomless brunch kind of situation, but we have an open-leave policy, which means you are able to take time off when you need to or want to as long as you work closely with your team to determine the ideal times, given your responsibilities to your students. Communication is key. Generally, full-time tutors take time off during school breaks.
WHAT will you be doing?
- Supporting a caseload of at least 16 active students.
- Tutoring all sections of the SAT & ACT and middle school test prep, as well as any other high school subjects you are qualified to teach, depending on demand.
- Preparing for lessons, writing lesson summaries and submitting within 24 hours, communicating proactively with students, families, and the Northern New Jersey team, and consistently bringing your best self to your work so that your students can thrive.
- Enthusiastically engaging in Private Prep Development requirements and pushing yourself and us to be better.
- Contributing to making our students better able to tackle the challenges they will encounter inside and outside the classroom and providing excellent client service to their families.
WHO are you? (That’s right, I’m going to tell you. Sort of.)
- A college graduate, with a car, and 1-5 yrs of experience mentoring, tutoring and/or teaching (bonus points for experience with SAT & ACT prep).
- An excellent communicator: folks rarely send back many rows of question marks to your emails.
- A believer in learning as a lifelong endeavor.
- A confident, charismatic, compassionate, people person.
- A self-starter and a collaborator. You must enjoy problem-solving independently, while also actively contributing to the team’s mission.
WHY should you apply?
- Providing support for students during a pivotal time in their lives is pretty freaking cool and meaningful.
- Salary depends on experience, but ranges from $45,000-$50,000 and includes a full benefits package (healthcare, cell phone plan, home-office stipend, technology stipend, etc.).
- Private Prep is actively working to become better at supporting students, staff, and our broader communities. We need awesome people on our team to push us forward on that journey. Your voice would hold real weight here.
HOW do you apply? If you are interested in being a part of our team, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.