The Private Prep Scholarship Program
Our Scholarship Program
The Private Prep “Learn to Thrive” Scholarship Program was created to support and empower students from backgrounds that have been traditionally underrepresented in higher education. The scholarship program’s goal is to combat the systemic inequities, particularly race-based inequities, of the American education institution by helping our students develop and employ skills that will allow them to create greater opportunities for their futures. While guiding our students through the standardized test prep and/or college application processes, we seek to provide them with counseling, resources, and experiential knowledge that will equip them to make informed and empowered decisions along their paths to higher education and beyond.
The Private Prep “Learn to Thrive” Scholarship Program Core Values
1. We are committed to creating a more just and equitable society.
2. We believe that education is power.
3. We are dedicated to creating space and opportunities for students to self-reflect and self-actualize.
Now Accepting Applications!
Final Class of 2024 Application Deadline is 10/1/2022
What our program offers
Our program is modular and flexible to provide students with support based on their individual needs. Students may be awarded any of the following offerings in addition to an initial consultation with a director who will serve as an ongoing resource throughout the process.
Test Prep with Private Prep includes diagnostic tests and analysis to determine whether a student should pursue testing and whether the SAT or ACT would be a better fit, personalized online tutoring sessions for 4-6 months to prepare for up to two real administrations of the exam, and materials for independent work assignments in between sessions.
Comprehensive College Admissions
Comprehensive and personalized 1:1 guidance and mentoring through the full college application process, including building a college list that fits a student’s goals and preferences, discussion of different admissions strategies, managing the application timeline, filling out applications, and support with brainstorming, editing, and refining all application essays, for up to twelve colleges and universities, in addition to college scholarship applications and fly-in programs if appropriate.
College Essay Support
Support with brainstorming, editing, and refining all application essays, including college scholarship applications and fly-in programs if appropriate.
Who’s eligible to apply?
This program is designed to support students who are/have:
- Eligible for free or reduced lunch or 90%+ scholarship at an independent school
- US citizen or DACA student
- Unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above in a rigorous course load within their school context (AP, Honors, IB)
- Possesses a strong desire to attend a four-year college or university
- Demonstrated extracurricular interests, commitment to community, and/or significant family responsibilities
- Preference will be given to students from historically underrepresented communities and to 1st generation college-bound students
Know a Great Scholarship Program Candidate?
Nominate a student, school, or nonprofit that might have potential candidates with an easy introduction. We appreciate your help in spreading the word and growing our Scholarship Program.
Private Prep has helped me so much through it all.- Priya, Scholarship Recipient